Can I touch my nose with my tongue?
War. War never changes. Call of Duty illustrates this by releasing the same game every year.
the most real tweet ive read all day tbh
when all your friends start talking about something you know nothing about
Alice Cooper and the infamous chicken incident at the Toronto Rock Festival, 1969:
“Who brings a chicken to a show? I’m from Detroit, I’ve never been on a farm in my life. It had feathers. It was a bird. It should fly. The chicken landed in the audience, where crazed fans ripped it to pieces and threw the bloody carcass onstage. The kicker to the story is this: The first five rows of the concert were all people in wheelchairs. They’re the ones that killed the chicken.” - Alice Cooper, VH1 Metal Evolution: Shock Rock (2012)
The main problem I have with Men’s Rights Activists is that their name really doesn’t do them justice. They’re Straight Cis White Men’s Rights Activists. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign for the inclusion of trans* men in their spaces.
I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign to end the social stigma around black fatherhood. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign for better pay and equal career mobility for men of colour. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists actively campaign for more gay men’s rights. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists advise others in their group on how using f*ggot to emasculate men who aren’t part of their cause is alienating and marginalising other MEN.
I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign, raise awareness of, or support victims of male rape unless it’s in order to derail a discussion around female victims of rape. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign, raise awareness of, or support male victims of domestic abuse unless it’s in order to derail a discussion around female victims of domestic abuse. Men’s Rights Activists are hypocrites and frauds.
They’re bitter privileged white men who don’t want to campaign for the rights of men — they want to campaign to keep their privilege unchecked and their ability to discriminate against others. If you want to be a real Men’s Rights Activist — be a fucking (intersectional) Feminist. Peace out.
All of this. The only men they care about are themselves, and the only thing they don’t like is that they might be treated the same way as everyone else.
What the Men’s Rights guys are suffering from is what some leftists call false consciousness. They sense, correctly, that they are oppressed, but they are mistaken about who is oppressing them. It’s an old bossman’s trick: get the masses fighting among themselves and it’ll never occur to them that the bossman is the problem.
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest